Dienstag, 2. Juni 2015

Review: Fangirl

hellogiggles.com

title: Fangirl
author: Rainbow Rowell
publisher: Macmillan
pages: 460 pages
plot: Cath and Wren are identical twins and until recently they absolutely did everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair any more - she wants to dance, meet boys, got to parties and let loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She would rather bury herself in the fanfiction she writes where there's romance far more intense than anything she's experienced in real life.
Now Cath has to decide wether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she's realizing that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible...funny

my opinion: Most of the time I really enjoyed reading this book. It is often really funny and easy to read. Half of it was actually written during NaNoWriMo and you can actually notice this NaNo style, as I like to call it (as many words as possible). The whole book is a little nerdy and crazy, but that's what makes it special. ;)
Cath, the protagonist, is not like everyone else. She is a fangirl and often a little weird. I sometimes just don't understand her opinion on things like fiction writing. That's why I sometimes really didn't like her, especially in the middle part of the story. In the end I really like her and the whole plot again, so I enjoyed reading the last ten chapters or so the most. They are my favourite part!

my rating: 4 of 5 stars

rebloggy.com

Vivi

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen